This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegetarian Lasagna Soup combines all the rich, creamy texture of lasagna with the warming comfort of a hearty bowl of soup. It’s also quick and easy to get on the dinner table, AND it all comes together in one pot! This could very well be the most perfect winter meal.
You’ll Love This
- It’s quick and easy! This vegetarian lasagna soup is ready in about 20 minutes or less, and as you know, I love love love a dinner that comes together all in one pot! Not only is it simple to prepare, but it also makes cleanup that much easier too. If you use my favorite large pot, you can go right from the stovetop to your dinner table!
- It’s totally vegetarian but also SO filling! Creamy cheeses combined with pasta make this soup not only comforting but wonderfully filling. If you’re trying to introduce more meatless meals, this is one that will keep everyone full and happy. Soup is one of my daughter’s favorite foods so I’m always looking for new ways to reinvent our family’s favorites in soup form and this one was a big hit!
- It’s Sunday night dinner material! As simple and easy as it is, this soup feels incredibly indulgent as well. The combination of Italian herbs, canned tomatoes, pesto, and al dente noodles topped with ricotta and parmesan, will give you all the feels of a delicious Italian family dinner. Serve with crusty bread and a good glass of full-bodied red wine for a Sunday night dinner that will make you want to linger at the table a little longer.
Sauté onion in a large pot for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, thyme, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Sauté for another minute.
Add tomatoes, pesto, vegetable broth, and uncooked pasta to the pot.
Bring to a gentle simmer.
Simmer, covered for about 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente. Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan until cheese melts.
Then add kale.
Stir until wilted.
Serve with a dollop of ricotta on top of each bowl of soup. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- If you have a few extra minutes, grate your own parmesan. Pre-grated cheeses contain preservatives designed to keep them from clumping together in their packages. Those same preservatives, however, mean the cheese doesn’t melt together as smoothly as you’ll want it to. For the best texture, get a wedge of parmesan and grate it at home!
- Can’t find crushed tomatoes? No problem. You can use tomato puree, canned tomato sauce, or jarred spaghetti sauce instead – the soup will just have a smoother consistency. Alternately, you can get a can of whole, peeled tomatoes and crush them yourself for a more chunky tomato texture in your soup!
- You can use whatever kind of pasta you have on hand for this creamy vegetarian lasagna soup. I like to use bowties (or farfalle) because they slightly resemble the edge of a classic lasagna noodle, but penne, rotini, rigatoni, or even macaroni would work well in this recipe!
- Any sturdy green will work. You can easily swap out the kale for another sturdy green like baby spinach. I sometimes like to use Swiss chard, mustard greens, or collard greens. I have even used arugula in a pinch, which added a little bit of a peppery flavor! Use whatever you’ve got in the fridge! And because it’s going to wilt anyway, you can use greens that are slightly past their prime!
Family Favorite Soups
Creamy Vegetarian Lasagna Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian/American
- fresh chopped parsley
- shredded/grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, thyme, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, pesto, vegetable broth, and uncooked pasta to the pot.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, cover, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Then reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, covered for about 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan. Stir until Parmesan melts.
- Then add kale and stir until wilted.
- Serve with a dollop of ricotta on top of each bowl of soup. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Keywords: one pot lasagna soup, lasagna soup recipe, easy lasagna soup