FAQ’s and tips
- Tomatoes: Use any small cherry tomatoes, or your next option will be vine-ripe tomatoes
- Onions: Red onion works best, but you can also use white sweet onions
- Oil: Avocado or olive oil. Grapeseed oil is also ok
- Vinegar: We love balsamic, but you can also use red wine vinegar.
- Seasoning: if you don’t have any Italian seasoning handy, use these other herbs to make some: dried parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
- Makes about 5-6 cups. Serving size one cup.
Should you peel cucumber for salad
The skin of a cucumber is edible and isn’t harmful. It comes down to personal choice. The skin of large cucumbers may be a bit tough and bitter so it would be beneficial to peel the cucumber. We find the skin of smaller cucumber thin and perfectly fine to eat. Some may even argue that the skin is packed with nutrients.
What are the best tomatoes for a salad
Our first choice would be cherry or grape tomatoes. They are sweet, tangy, crunchy, and a great choice to use in salads and many other recipes. Heirloom tomatoes are just as great to use in salads and come in so many different pretty colors. Our next option would be to use vine ripe tomatoes. They are all full of flavor.
Are tomatoes and cucumbers good for weight loss
Tomatoes and cucumbers are low in fat and calories as well as protein. Having only tomatoes and salad as part of your diet won’t be a healthy option. It is recommended to add more protein to your diet. For more on this check this article out.