We will be guiding you through a step by step process of how to make cauliflower alfredo sauce at home! It is very easy to make and only needs a handful of healthy ingredients. Hard to believe it is made with cauliflower and so healthy and good for you. You can now enjoy your favorite creamy sauce without any guilt what so ever with just under 100 calories per serving!
Ingredients you will need
- Cauliflower (about 5–6 cups cauliflower florets)
- Garlic cloves
- Olive Oil
- Broth – we prefer vegetable broth
- Milk – dairy-free is fine too
- Salt and Pepper
Step by step process
- Clean and prep the cauliflower: Remove all the leaves from the cauliflower and wash thoroughly under cold running water to remove any dirt.
Start by carefully cutting through the tough core of the cauliflower, then chop into florets, all roughly the same size.
- Crush the garlic cloves. Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and water/vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a boil; once the florets start to boil reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove the florets with a slotted spoon and place them in a food processor or blender, reserving the liquid. Add the milk and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if needed to reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.